March 21, 2014

Discovering Dargatz #20 - SEGA!!!!

My Atari 2600 was one of the most exciting things I played with for the short time I had it as a youngster. I thought I was so cool playing Pitfall and Pong in my room on my older sisters' barely functioning console. It was a special treat to visit my cousins and spent time on their original Nintendo.  I remember classics like Mike Tyson's Punchout, Jackal, Burger Time, and the terrible yet addicting Friday the 13th. Soon after the 2600's death blow, I started collecting money in two envelopes: one for a new bike and one for a Sega Genesis. As my yearning for video games grew stronger and stronger, more money was funneled into the video game envelope.  I had an arrangement with my Pop that I could get the system when I had half the money. It took a lot of yard work around the neighborhood, but I get the money and got my Genesis. It even came with a game: Sonic 2. I must have collected a million rings. Sonic Spinball was a pleaser. NBA Jam was a favorite. NHLPA 94 and Madden 93 were classics. Aladdin was an addiction. I miss my Sega for sure.

1 comment:

Dana & Alex said...

Yes, Aladdin! I loved that game as well and can never watch the movie without thinking of the different levels.