October 5, 2014

Dadventures #3 - Baby Shower Lockout

I am not sure if people look back at their baby shower as a sign of their parenting future, but if the happenings of our first baby shower is any indication of ours, hang on tight. The event was beautiful. Though the weather was chilly, we toughed it out to host family and friends at a park in my wife's hometown. The food was cooked. The tables were set. Different games and activities were hung up on the wall for the guests to enjoy, the amount of blue tape needed to keep them there was leaning towards ridiculous. The actual shower went swell. Plenty to eat and drink. Generous gifts. Good times with people near and dear to us. Then, it was time to load the car. While we were just about to finish packing up presents like Tetris game pieces in the backs of our vehicles, my mother-in-law, wife, and I went to make one final run when we realized we were locked out. With dropping temperatures and rising tension, I had to do something. I found a loose window lock and shimmy my way in. At the time, it was chaos. Now, it's just a piece of cake.

No comments: