July 1, 2015

Shalom Wildlife Sanctuary

I'm a big fan of hidden gems, so maybe this post will hurt my cause of finding peaceful places to unwind and enjoy nature, but this place was way too good to not share. A friend referred me back a  few months ago and I finally made it. Combining animals, nature, history, and lots of authentic and active educational opportunities for children, this place and my personality are a match made in heaven.  I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend a visit to Shalom Wildlife Sanctuary in West Bend Wisconsin. Please enjoy a small sampling of the fun we had.
Holding a baby albino skunk. Don't worry the "stinker" was removed

Very extensive Native American history dissemination and artifacts collection

Toddlers know no fear

Learn while you burn!

Not the usual Ice Age Trail yellow blaze, but worth "bopping" anyways

Watch out world!




Hard to take steps without seeing these tiny toads

Where's Embry?


What.  .don't tell me you've never done the Heisman pose with a tortoise?


Ssssssssssssssssssssssss. .  .

Just an antler too short

No comments: