July 7, 2015

Discovering Dargatz #139 - Wrestling Anywhere and Everywhere

Major sports and entertainment venues.  State fairs. Basements of bars. High school gymnasiums. American Legion Halls. I've seen wrestling shows pretty much everywhere and anywhere. From the major promotions to smaller independent ones, when a wrestling show is within reach, there's a good chance I'll be there. Wrestling  isn't fake, it's scripted. If people get away with watching soap operas and reality TV, then people should be able to enjoy wrestling, which is basically a combination of both genres. It's been a part of who I am for as long as I can remember. I would skip out early on church by either feigning illness or pestering my father until he complied just so I could sprint home to catch the final minutes of the weekly Sunday morning show. I would wear out the wrestling VHS tapes at my local video store. I would do extra chores on Saturday mornings to be able  to stay up and watch wrestling on Saturday nights, just to get upset with my father when I inevitably fell asleep prior to the show's start and he wouldn't wake me up. It was a part of my childhood, and continues to be an interest into adulthood.

No comments: