July 13, 2015

Discovering Dargatz #141 - Lucky Me???

To say I am dense is quite an understatement. Sometimes, things stare me straight in the face and I don't see them. This is extremely evident in my occasional excursions with the opposite sex, before I was lucky enough to find the love of my life, I tried desperately to gain the attention of females. More often than not, I misread signals, imagined interest from others, or plain fixated on something that wasn't there, while at the same time ignoring opportunities right in front of me. . .literally. One such missed opportunity involved a co-worker during my college days. Both working after hours, I should have been more aware that things were more than what they seemed when she asked if I wanted to see her new tattoo. Oblivious to her obvious attempts to seduce me, she showed me her new ink, which happened to be the words "Lucky You" positioned just above a certain part of the female anatomy. Looking back, I am very glad I didn't get lucky that evening, but the lonely walk home to my dorm room that night was truly the ultimate walk of shame. I wonder how she and that tattoo are holding up.

No comments: