November 3, 2014

Discovering Dargatz #95 - Mad Love

I remember sitting in the back of the car nervously visualizing the night ahead of me.  Erika and I had liked each other since 7th grade and I finally got the nerve to ask her out close to 8th grade graduation. We decided to go to the movies. Being under sixteen, her father drove us to the theater. In my infinite wisdom, I assumed the Chris Farley movie, Tommy Boy, would be at this theater. When we realized it was at one on the other side of the freeway, it was too late to go there as our driver had already left. Being under 18, our options were limited as the majority of the movies were animated G movies or Rated R flicks. In fact, there really was only one option, a movie called Mad Love. I wasn't too thrilled about the way my plan was going awry.  This didn't change as we sat through a very disturbing movie about how infatuation with another person can turn you crazy. Not the most ideal setting for my first official date and probably one of the reasons our relationship didn't blossom. This was a foreshadowing of my lovelife as I grew up.

No comments: