March 26, 2015

Dadventures #16 - Frankfurter Finale

Being a teacher, I am fortunate to enjoy some time away from the rigors of the classroom in summer. Of course, that didn't keep me away from seasonal employment. Whether it be at the zoo or with the Brewers, my days of summer gigs have always been a huge part of my life. When I became a parent, I knew these days were numbered. After moving on from the zoo before the baby was born, I did manage to spend one summer juggling the responsibilities of parenthood with the wackiness of work with the Brewers. But when it was time to sign up again for another summer, I had a decision. To be a sausage or not to be a sausage? I was in a pickle (not literally). After contemplation, I found a happy medium. While I decided to give up my regular wiener work, I did make one final appearance as an eight foot sausage at the 2014 Brewers on Deck event. I suited up one last time as the Polish Sausage, the same suit I wore my first day of work. When I saw my daughter and wife in full costume, I knew I made the right decision.

No comments: