March 23, 2015

Dadventures #15 - A Walk to Forget

When my infant daughter was ready for a walk, I preferred the ease of strapping on the baby carrier over the stroller, especially if I wanted to bring the canines along. One particular summer day, I decided to elongate our journey and with her strapped to my chest and a dog leash in each hand, I went on an extra long walk on the route usually taken when with the stroller. We went down to the river, through a few parks, and right through the heart of our village's quaint downtown rather than just the perimeter of our neighborhood. Because the village streets were more traveled than our neighborhood, we saw many more people and encountered more traffic. I though the sight of a man with a baby strapped to him and two dogs must have been thrilling as I noticed a few stares and a few honks from passing cars. In fact, I felt a bit cocky at that moment. Cocky might have been an appropriate term as I figured out the attention wasn't because of my awesome animal/baby combination. It was because my fly was down the whole time. I wish I could say this was the first time.

No comments: