March 18, 2015

A Reader's Review

The sixth book of the year took longer to complete than it should have, but not because it wasn't great. I really wish I would have been able to read this before I started my classroom economy in my 4th grade years. This book provided wonderful examples of how to talk to kids about money. I love the book's examples, the fact that it focuses on honesty, and how it gives students some power and choice. Kids need to learn through doing and that might include making tough choices, dealing with poor decisions from some of those choices, and using their personal experiences to make improved choices as they get older.

This book was even more personal to me as I am a parent. or as the book states, "in the adult-making business." I loved many of the ideas and look forward to using them as I work through this while parenting thing :)

No comments: