December 23, 2014

Discovering Dargatz #115 - Not Your Typical Love Story


The story of meeting the love of my life is anything but traditional. It all started with a random instant message. A few online chats later led to meeting up for a Brewers game over summer. Though nerves engulfed me, I was lucky enough to get a second chance with a double concert weekend. After disappointing her with literally no knowledge of any Journey songs and a stale personality, it was years later before I discovered she needed the encouragement (and convincing) of a co-worker to even show up for the second half of our concert weekend. After dinner with my sister and brother-in-law and a Clapton concert, it was evident things weren't clicking. Though future conversations were few and far between, they still continued. A few meet-ups over the years, including a wild house party and a trip to the movies, eventually led to a rekindling. The timing was right. Recently removed from our own relationships, I had broken out of my shell and was much more similar to the person I was today. Hours and hours of instant messenger chats led to us getting together, reconnecting, and realizing that we were meant for each other, awkward history and all.


No comments: