April 18, 2015

Mommy's Little Wordlings



Being a pre-published writer, it is always exciting to learn about, learn from, and  share the work of other writers. Please take a look at my interview of author, Linh Nguyen-Ng, and read on to look at her creative and sweet new story, Mommy's Little Wordlings. Enjoy!




When did you know you wanted to be a writer?
I have always loved words. Even as a child. But I never took it seriously. As I grew up, writing made me happy spiritually, so I began pursuing that dream.

What is your most frustrating part of being a writer?  
In the beginning it was carving out time to write. Now that I have a regular routine, it’s been easier. My new frustration is learning to streamline. Sometimes having too many ideas float in your head is not beneficial when you’re writing a novel, especially if you don’t follow an outline. Things can get messy and all over the place. Now I make outlines for everything. They’re flexible outlines, enough to give me guidance but also allow room for creativity.

How important is time management to writing?
I think it’s very important to set aside time to write. It’s difficult when you have a fulltime job doing something else. For me, I write either really early in the morning or at night when my kids are in bed. I have a long ride to and from work, so I use that time to brainstorm and plot.  If you can dedicate at least thirty minutes each day to your writing, I think that’s a good start. The idea is to keep the momentum going. Baby steps are ok, as long as they take you to your destination, right?

Where and when did you find out you were being published?
I received an email from Eden Plantz, who’s the executive editor at Anaiah Press. We set up a time to chat. From that phone call a book contract was offered. I’m very grateful that she believed in my book. Thank you Eden!

What are your favorite types of books to read?
For now, it’s fantasy, mystery, and suspense/thriller. For picture books, I read as many as I can get my hands on. They’re all so unique.

Any advice for someone who is pre-published?
Keep writing what you love. When you love something, it will show in your work. Somehow that love-infused work will find its way to the right publisher one way or another.

What is your ultimate writing goal?
My goal is to write fulltime. I want to create stories that leave a lasting impression—something positive that people can take with them after the last page is done.


Mommy’s Little Wordlings by Linh Nguyen-Ng
Adventures, Anaiah Press

Blurb:  Little words hold big meanings. The Little Wordlings are children who use their simple words to express their feelings for loved ones. No one is more adored than the first person who made them smile. No one is more cherished than the person who gave them life. There is no one like Mommy. Join the Little Wordlings as they show Mommy how much she is appreciated and loved.

Author Bio: I live with my family in Massachusetts where I get to enjoy the four seasons. I love unique and interesting things—things that make a lasting impression. I am constantly looking for inspiration that I can use in my writing. Everything has a story to tell.

Twitter: @linhnguyenng



No comments: